Categories No Categories
International Women’s Day has been observed since the early 1900’s. Annually on March 8, thousands of events are held throughout the world to inspire women and celebrate achievements. The Colorado Springs event will be celebrated on March 5, 2016.
The Colorado Springs Celebration of International Women’s Day is a partnership of several local organizations. The Colorado Springs World Affairs Council is proud to partner with American Association of University Women (AAUW), The League of Women Voters, Soroptimist International of Colorado Springs, Women’s Resource Agency, and Zonta Club of the Pikes Peak Area.
$30 registration; $10 for students
Join Us! We are planning to:
- Spend the morning at The Pinery at the Hill, sharing a beautiful venue and delicious brunch
- Listen to live music by the Gioscia-Groothof duo
- Review art displays by local artists (and have the opportunity to purchase display pieces)
- Enjoy Birgitta De Pree from Millibo Art Theatre, who will be our MC
- Be inspired by the presentations of Lisa Lundquist (works with homeless and troubled women and teens), Allie Burritt (from We Made This, supporting refugee women in Denver) and Judi Arndt (textile artist and world traveler)
- Meet other interesting and dynamic women!